Most Read Posts   -   About Jim Karter   -   Make Money on Twitter

Google Adsense Stats Problem

Saturday (14th February 2009), Google Adsense had some problem. Stats for all the publishers seemed stuck and were not updating. Publishers were scared that what is happening?

In the first part of the day, the stats were not even being shown at all. Then in the later part of the day the earnings were showing but impressions were not updated fully. Hence people were seeing atleast 5 to 10 times of their regular CTR. They were even more worried about this high CTR and eCPM as that may be a case of click fraud and Google may ban them.

Finally, the stats for the Saturday were fully update on Sunday morning. But still many people (including me) are reporting that their Saturday earnings are much lower than the average earnings of their other Saturdays. Though the traffic somewhat remained same.

Sunday’s (today) Adsense stats also looking little bit lacking behind. Till that time, I am seeing only 60% of the average traffic of my Sundays though only last few hours of the day are remaining.

Though Google has reported in their Adsense stats that stats are being updated and there are no problems, I am still concerned my earnings for these day days which are still quite less than the average of Saturdays and Sunday’s earnings.

Google claimed:

No stats from yesterday were lost, and our engineers have been working to restore your reports with the clicks, impressions, and earnings accrued from your sites.

But I don’t think I can agree.

Are any of you seeing this (or saw this)?

Share It and Enjoy: These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Propeller
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati

You should follow me on twitter here.

35 Responses to “Google Adsense Stats Problem”

1. Mega Champ responded on 15 Feb 2009 at 10:09 pm #

Yeah i read in DP too, people were running so many threads regarding this. Well for me i cant comment on this, as i check the stats once in 2 days or so :-).

2. Brandon Walker responded on 15 Feb 2009 at 10:54 pm #

Yes, there was quite a discussion about this same topic in many forums I visited. It’s a good thing that this sort of problem does not happen often with google.

3. Syokbeb responded on 16 Feb 2009 at 8:48 am #

Google statistic error has terminated my account for temporary.

4. ZK@Internet Marketing Blog responded on 16 Feb 2009 at 10:42 am #

Yep I was also worried but when I saw threads on different forums than I realise that this one is problem from google ends and no need to worry.

My earning was not so effected and hence can’t comment on that.

5. Squidoo responded on 16 Feb 2009 at 5:06 pm #

Google is taking more because of the recession and hoping webmasters aren’t going to notice.

Send them an email and ask them.

6. Caroline responded on 16 Feb 2009 at 9:27 pm #

Any problem related with earning is always worrying. Hopefully Google promise that no stats were lost is true.

7. zoki responded on 17 Feb 2009 at 1:44 am #

For me its better

8. issa responded on 17 Feb 2009 at 4:06 am #

i have the same prob with Syokbeb. my account was disabled for 2 days already & i’m 100% sure i didn’t do anything to deserve it. now i’m reading other publishers are having problems too. google what’s up??

9. Zak Show responded on 17 Feb 2009 at 5:27 am #

Yep, that’s what I noticed too. I was out of town for the week-end and when I got back home and I checked the adsense stats, I found that saturday was a very low day!!

10. Altenergy responded on 18 Feb 2009 at 3:06 am #

i even seen this problem but i wasnt worried because i knew that its to do with google.

11. titan responded on 18 Feb 2009 at 10:08 pm #

i also heard about this one. But it just fine with me..

12. Ruby Web responded on 19 Feb 2009 at 4:13 am #

I can’t really offer much insight here, but it sure has had the internet world abuzz. Adsense is an area where there is just soooo much room for discrepancies to slip in, it actually gives me a headache just thinking about it!

13. Diane responded on 19 Feb 2009 at 8:00 am #

A bit worrisome since there’s really no transparency as to how Google divvy’s up the money, we really have no say and can’t really dispute what they’re reporting.

14. Mega Champ responded on 19 Feb 2009 at 11:33 am #

Please note that adsense will be down on saturday for few hours.

15. ZK@Internet Marketing Blog responded on 19 Feb 2009 at 10:25 pm #

This is the second time when I saw that Google had problem. Seems to me that there key person left the Google …lollzz

16. Vacancy in India responded on 21 Feb 2009 at 2:57 am #

I also same problem on 14th feb but now it is solved

thanks

17. thekodesecret responded on 22 Feb 2009 at 3:14 am #

It has been solved now, i realize the case also from DP. Click fraud is always become a horrible thing to have.

18. seo next responded on 22 Feb 2009 at 3:38 am #

The problem got sorted .. but i was amazed with the wide spread number of people who were talking about it…
    Google =! god ?

19. Sanjay responded on 22 Feb 2009 at 9:37 pm #

Jim, i asked one question related to Domains plz answer with your views on it.

“When starting a website is it better to buy older domain relevant to your theme or registering fresh new domain.”

Thanks

20. Jim Karter responded on 23 Feb 2009 at 5:48 am #

If you can find an older domain name related to your theme, its better. And, if it had any site on it which was related to what you are planning to create on that site, its even better.

21. Play Games Win Prizes responded on 23 Feb 2009 at 4:12 pm #

Whenever Google has problems, you should check out Digital Point forums. It goes CRAZY over there with everyone starting threads, lol.

-Mike

22. YJ responded on 23 Feb 2009 at 10:23 pm #

hmmm definetly a problem for my phone unlocking campaign, not good!!!

23. Eurothrift responded on 24 Feb 2009 at 4:59 am #

I have seen one or two irregularities in my stats reporting recently. Hope it is all straightened out now though ;)

24. SEO Tips responded on 24 Feb 2009 at 11:44 am #

Thanks for the heads up I didn’t realise this.

25. Do-follow Blog responded on 24 Feb 2009 at 1:22 pm #

I think there was a problem my adsense stopped working for while. First I thought I am banned. Then after 15-20 minute it was working normally.

26. ZK@Internet Marketing Blog responded on 03 Mar 2009 at 12:09 am #

Well seems to me that they are trying too much things now a days and have came with several different products as well.

They are also feeling the heat of meltdown and now as a result they are coming with different products and all.

27. Easy Internet Marketing@RohKat responded on 12 Mar 2009 at 10:50 pm #

I knew it that they are updating themselves. People start crying in various forums and blogs.

I am sure Jim in past we also saw such kind of problem as you are also old player of this field.

28. Vic - BusinessAccent responded on 14 Mar 2009 at 8:35 am #

I also notice these not only once, but already twice these days in my Google stat. The stat even shows zero for me at one moment in time.

29. torridleo responded on 14 Mar 2009 at 12:24 pm #

yeah i also had some problems.stats were not correct.

30. Seo Hints responded on 23 Mar 2009 at 1:52 pm #

In the past I also same problem but now it is solved

thanks

31. Current account responded on 14 Apr 2009 at 1:35 pm #

I even noticed this problem a while ago but I guess I was reluctant but worried because I knew that Google had a hand in it.

32. ZK@Web Marketing Blog responded on 23 Apr 2009 at 8:45 pm #

They are showing such kind of problem from past few months and this problem is not solved yet.

Same kind of problem coming again and again.

33. fkrny responded on 21 Jul 2009 at 7:07 am #

thanks alot

34. Free Microsoft Points responded on 23 Aug 2009 at 1:34 pm #

Thanks for the update!

35. Free Nintendo Points responded on 23 Aug 2009 at 1:35 pm #

Thanks for informing us, I use AdSense and would be scared if the stats were wrong.

Comments RSS