Most Read Posts   -   About Jim Karter   -   Make Money on Twitter

Google Sued, Google Lost

Mr. Aaron Greenspan of Think Computer Corporation sued Google in the small claims court for his $721, which he had in his account when Google closed his account giving reason of “posed a significant risk to our AdWords advertisers.”

The court gave the judgment in the favor of Mr. Aaron and Google has to pay him $721. Read the full story here.

When the judgment was given, Google’s paralegal lady protested saying: “It’s not fair! What if everyone whose account was canceled sued Google?”

Now that is the question to ask. After this judgment I am expecting that a lot more people will go to small claims courts in America to get their money back which they earned till the time their account was closed.

So, either Google need to provide the reason for the ban, or they will lose again in those courts.

Share It and Enjoy: These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Propeller
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati

You should follow me on twitter here.

34 Responses to “Google Sued, Google Lost”

1. Pande responded on 25 Mar 2009 at 5:23 am #

I know Aoron, he started his company while he was still in high school. Btw, Google deserves it.

2. Jim Karter responded on 25 Mar 2009 at 5:51 am #

Google lost it because they did not defend the case properly with evidences.

But now the question is what will happen when somebody else will file the same type of case against them.

Will they defend and provide those proofs/evidences?

3. Blog Expert responded on 25 Mar 2009 at 9:40 am #

Good! They get away with this too often.

4. Mega Champ responded on 25 Mar 2009 at 11:12 am #

Pretty soon google will add another clause in their TOS to avoid giving any money back when a account is closed :-D

5. Bujes responded on 25 Mar 2009 at 12:21 pm #

They simply make too much money with banning accounts. They have to pay for it!

6. Ravinderjit responded on 25 Mar 2009 at 1:00 pm #

Nice bit of information and update on a topic of concern for many. You are a great source of information Jim, thanks anyway :D

7. edoogg responded on 25 Mar 2009 at 1:23 pm #

At some point they will have to fully address this if a large number of cases are brought. The amount in this case was close to not even being worth them send a legal rep to the case. Travel, lodging, and time cost had to be greater than $721 depending where the case was heard.

8. Jim Karter responded on 25 Mar 2009 at 8:38 pm #

edogg, in the small claims court lawyers cannot fight. So somebody who has knowledge of law but is not a lawyer need to be there.

But if any cases like this are seen, then may be google need a new paralegal department to fight in the this type of courts.

9. Debt Consolidation responded on 25 Mar 2009 at 11:20 pm #

I doubt if everyone that sues like this will win. There are hundreds of thousands of other small folks who might try this. I sure hope they don’t lose their money, :)

10. Armaan Bhati responded on 26 Mar 2009 at 12:32 pm #

Is this possible from India ?

11. Jim Karter responded on 27 Mar 2009 at 1:29 am #

No. I don’t think that is possible in India.

12. Make Affiliate Money responded on 02 Apr 2009 at 2:10 pm #

^^^^^ Lol at this comment wanting a link exchange! Nice try fella!

JZ

13. Find Deals Online responded on 02 Apr 2009 at 5:28 pm #

I really hope that other site owners that have been banned go after Google (as long as you truly haven’t broken the TOS)

They shouldn’t be allowed to keep any money that you have legitimately earned.

14. ZK@WebTrafficROI.com responded on 05 Apr 2009 at 9:34 am #

This one is really shocking news but however people came to know that Google is not far away from their reach and they can easily sued and get win as well.

15. affiliate marketing responded on 12 Apr 2009 at 10:24 am #

This really give some good idea for me :)

16. Windows 7 responded on 13 Apr 2009 at 10:40 am #

Thanks, very interesting read, you should be commended on your website,
    can see that you have put some effort into it, to many dud sites around these days.

Kind Regards

17. mymytri responded on 16 Apr 2009 at 6:57 am #

I think google should give reasons before banning adsense account .

18. Custom Website Design responded on 02 May 2009 at 8:04 am #

I would be most upset, as I have years of emails in there. And I don’t want to download them to a PC for security and convenience purposes.

19. Ekey responded on 09 May 2009 at 6:45 am #

The day google starts giving legit reasons with a backup proof about why they closed your account, this would never happen.

It was not fair to them, but what they do to thousands others is not fair as well.

I guess Karma does exist lol.

20. Komodo Dragon responded on 09 May 2009 at 6:24 pm #

It’s great to see the smaller guy overcome and beat the bigger guy, hehe.

21. The Single Black Woman responded on 13 May 2009 at 9:02 am #

Well good for Mr. Greenspan. The idea that you can hijack all of someone’s money that was made prior to the ban is bogus.

Maybe more folk will take on the all powerful Google and their BS of a TOS.

22. Internet Marketing Tips responded on 13 May 2009 at 10:44 am #

What Google lost???This is another scenario of David beats Goliath. Congratulations to Mr. Greenspan! Who’s his lawyer, by the way?

23. Ozone depletion responded on 14 May 2009 at 7:25 am #

24. Current account responded on 18 May 2009 at 7:21 am #

Yet another interesting post.It really gives me some good ideas.

25. Technology Slice responded on 01 Jun 2009 at 4:33 am #

Google better get ready for a tonne of law suits.

26. Custom Website Design responded on 01 Jun 2009 at 6:43 am #

When I tried to find out what happened through Google, they said I had to uninstall and reinstall the new version. I want the old version back. All I’ve heard about is people complaining about the new one.

27. Stock Trading To Go responded on 09 Jun 2009 at 2:34 pm #

I would have to say Google should get ready for a suit onslaught! My guess though was the guy was doing some fishy stuff and deserved the ban. Google does not mess around, period.

28. Lex responded on 09 Jul 2009 at 10:35 pm #

Hurrah! This is awesome news Jim! Google banned my account and kept nearly $600 that I had earned fair and square over the course of several months, right when I was about to get paid. I never clicked my ads and they never responded to my correspondence. Its funny how everyone assumes the adsense publisher was ‘doing something fishy.’ I’d love to get my own back and I hope many others get back at Google for their bogus policy and appalling, arrogant treatment of adsense publishers.

29. CRAZY Internet Millionaire responded on 12 Jul 2009 at 2:15 am #

They closed my account also, 2

30. tjenarvi responded on 26 Jul 2009 at 7:37 pm #

Interesting story…
    Well, Google sometimes banned you without reasons, Google as a big company should address all of the evidences and reasons why banned the Adsense customers !!

31. jay @ work at home responded on 31 Jul 2009 at 5:57 pm #

that’s pretty screwed up. It seems like the money should have been replaced before cancellation of the account, weird.

32. Hindi Radio responded on 01 Sep 2009 at 8:58 pm #

Thats really motivating. But I think it happened in America only… if it comes to India and Indian courts give quick judgements than believe me Google has to close the Adsense program as they need to pay billions :) what say?

33. Larry responded on 18 Sep 2009 at 1:54 am #

Hi,

I lost more than $1000 when google banned my account. It’s more than 6 months now and I’m not in US! I think it’s too late to go court.

34. Adsense in Pakistan responded on 17 Oct 2009 at 10:16 am #

HI,

On the other side of story, It must be difficult for Google to convince hundreds (if not thousands) of banned publishers by providing evidence etc. Moreover, disclosure of their method as how they monitor their publishers might put them on risk as well!.

Having said that, I think Google should have a channel opened to discuss possible reasons with publishers having earned more than 1000 USD. There might be some misunderstanding that can be cleared after communication. It is a win win situation for both parties.

Comments RSS