Lets discuss a case:
Your site is mentioned on a big PR7 charitable site for some charity work you did. When can you see the effect of this link on your site’s rankings on the search engine. When do you the link link juice of the site propagates to you.
Well, this happened to me about two months back. I immediately started tracking it so that I can get the answer for this question.
Two of my small niche sites were mentioned on a PR7 charity site. My friend who works for the charity informed me about it. Both of my current sites were PR2.
Its been two months for the event and here are my analysis for the same.
- I started seeing the benefit for the same from day 10th in SERPs. Even after the 10th day the SERPs were improving. After around 40 days the ranking stabilized.
- The site which were already ranking on page three for a quite competitive keywords came up in top 10.
- The site which was not ranking in top 10 pages (though the keyword was not as competitive as in the other case), the site didn’t come in top 50.
- The keyword which was the anchor text for the link from the charity site was the one for which ranking improved most. But all the keywords “related” to that keyword have also shown traffic increase of around 20% each.
- For the other keywords on the site, which were not related to the keyword in the anchor text of the link, there was hardly any difference in the traffic.
- Even after two months, still both the sites have PR2
- Total traffic improvement is around 45% for one site and around 32% for the other in last two months. I am assuming that the traffic will also increase in the third month.
- All of the SERP changes are first seen in US based datacenters of Google and were very slowly propagated to other datacenters. It took around more than a month to see things on other datacenters what was visible on US datacenters.
I have posted my results here. Tell me what information can you grab from this study? Does this say something about the link juice propagation time? Is PR still the king?
Related Make Money Online Posts:
44 Responses to “Link Juice Propagation Time”